|George & Anna (Rowe) Hayes - 1915|
George was born on January 22, 1858. His parents were Sidney and A. Delphina (Cole) Hayes. George was a farmer in Greenwood. He died of apoplexy on May 16, 1920. Apoplexy refers to a stroke. A contributing cause is listed on his death certificate is laryngitis.
Anna was born on September 16, 1860. She was the daughter of Charles H. N. & Loan (Churchill) Rowe. She grew up in New Gloucester before moving to Greenwood after she got married. She died in 1949.
George & Anna are buried in the Upper Gloucester Cemetery in New Gloucester, Maine.
Their children were:
- Frank Herman Hayes, born October 16, 1882, and died September 13, 1968. Frank married Myrtle Etta Ring (1890-1972) on November 13, 1912. They had one son, Arnold, who died young.
- Alma Etta Hayes, born April 23, 1888, and died in May 1974. Alma married Ara Marshall "Dime" Whitman (1880-?) on August 22, 1908. They had two sons and a daughter.
- Eva Delphina Hayes, born September 27, 1897, and died September 19, 1982. Eva married Estes Gilbert Yates (1884-1977) on September 12, 1914. They had eight children, four boys and four girls, including my grandmother, Linona Alice Yates, born March 20, 1920.
- Roland Sidney Hayes, born September 20, 1899, and died October 24, 1980. Roland "Rollie" married Doris M. Cole (1906-2000) on October 16, 1926. They had four sons.
- George Elmer "Bill" Hayes, born September 17, 1901, and died February 20, 1978. Bill never married.