My father's mother, Fern Lyndell (Cotton) Carter was born on March 22, 1922 to Ray Everett & Annie Florilla (Gibbs) Cotton. She died on October 31, 2002.
|Not sure of the date on this picture|
In 1922, March 22 was a Wednesday. This site is where I found the information. It also tells me that she is an Aries and was born in the year of the Dog in the Chinese zodiac.
Historical Headlines - From Newspapers.com - Headlines include problems in Ireland, work on a Four-Power Treaty, and the Fatty Arbuckle Trial.
Historical happenings for March 22 can be found here and here, including:
- 1765 - Stamp Act is imposed on the American colonies
- 1933 - FDR makes beer and wine with an alcohol content up to 3.2% legal
- 1946 - first U.S. rocket leaves the Earth's atmosphere
- 1965 - the U.S. confirms the use of chemical warfare in Vietnam.
- 1972 the Equal Rights Amendment is approved by Congress (but is never ratified by the required 3/4ths of states).
- Chico Marx - born in 1887 and died in 1961
- Louis L'Amour - born in 1907 and died in 1988
- Karl Malden - born in 1912 and died in 2009
- Marcel Marceau - born in 1923 and died in 2007
- Stephen Sondheim - born in 1930
- George Benson - born in 1943
|With my Dad |
Probably about 1941
|Christmas was always her favorite|
She would be turning 93 this year