Isaac was born about 1592 in Husbands Bosworth, Leicestershire, England. According to British History Online, the name comes from the Old English personal name "Bar." The prefix 'Husbands' came into usage in the late 16th and early 17th century, probably to distinguish this village (made up of mostly husbandmen) from Market Bosworth. Isaac was the ninth child of eleven born to Roger & Margaret (___) Buswell and the grandson of John Buswell, yeoman & sheep farmer, & his first wife. Some sources state that Elizabeth Hall was the first wife of John Buswell. Isaac's sister and brother-in-law, Richard & Rebecca (Buswell) Smith settled in Wethersfield, Connecticut.
Isaac was married three times. His first wife was possibly Elizabeth _____ and she was the mother of four of his six children. She was buried on April 20, 1631 in Husbands Bosworth. Isaac's second wife was Margaret______ and she died in Salisbury on September 29, 1642. It does not appear that they had any children. The third wife of Isaac Buswell was Susanna _____ and they married about 1644. She and Isaac had two children.
Isaac & Elizabeth
- Phebe was baptized on February 29, 1624, Husbands Bosworth. She married John Bill on May 2, 1645.
- William was baptized on February 19, 1626, Husbands Bosworth. He was a weaver and planter. He married Sarah (____) and died on June 21, 1699, Salisbury, MA.
- Samuel was baptized on August 17, 1628, Husbands Bosworth and died before July 27, 1704. He married Sarah Keyes in July 1656. He is called planter and husbandman.
- Gabriel was baptized on April 3, 1631, Husbands Bosworth and buried there in May 1631.
Isaac & Susanna
- Mary was born on August 29, 1645, Salisbury, MA. She married Philip Brown on June 24, 1669.
- Isaac was born on July 29, 1650, Salisbury, MA. He married Mary Eastow on October 11, 1671.
Isaac Buswell died in Salisbury, Massachusetts on July 8, 1683. According to Find-A-Grave, he is buried in the Salisbury Colonial Burying Ground but there is no picture of a stone for him.
- John Buswell
- Roger & Margaret (____) Buswell
- Isaac & Elizabeth (____) Buswell
- John & Phebe (Buswell) Gill
- Morris & Elizabeth (Gill) Tucker
- Joseph & Phebe (Page) Tucker
- Ebenezer & Deborah (Blake) Tucker
- William & Hannah (Tucker) Rowe
- William & Susanna (Blaisdell) Rowe
- Stephen & Elizabeth (Hilton) Rowe
- Charles & Loann (Churchill) Rowe
- George & Anna (Rowe) Hayes
- Estes & Eva (Hayes) Yates
- Linona Alice Yates - my grandmother