Friday, May 15, 2015

Funny Friday - Not My Ancestor - Second Installment

There are certain names in my family tree that always give me pause when I see them because they are shared by much more famous people.

Nicholas Edgecomb is my 9th great-grandfather. His grandson, John Edgecomb (my first cousin, 9 times removed) married a woman named Grace Kelly. Since the woman married to my cousin died in 1738, I'm fairly certain she never had a glamour shot like this one.
"Kelly, Grace (Rear Window)" by Paramount publicity photographer. - Dr. Macro. 
Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons
Samuel Morse is my 10th great-grandfather through two lines. However, he was not the inventor of the telegraph. Still when I hear his name, I think of the more famous Samuel Morse.
"Samuel Morse 1840" by Unidentified photographer - Smithsonian Photography Search. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons 
James Joseph "Jim" Parsons aka Dr. Sheldon Cooper is not my relative (as far as I know). However, James Parsons, born in 1658, is my 9th great-uncle. Son of Jeffrey & Sarah (Vinson) Parsons. I wonder if the Jim Parsons in my tree was quirky, inventive or had great comedic talents.
"Jim Parsons at PaleyFest 2013" by iDominick - http://www.flickr.com/photos/82924988@N05/15863660249/.
 Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons 

Nicholas Edgecomb - Robert Edgecomb - Thomas Edgecomb - Gibbins Edgecomb - Thomas Edgecomb - Mary Edgecomb - Benjamin Philbrick - Elizabeth "Lizzie" Philbrick - Ray Everett Cotton - Fern Lyndell Cotton - my grandmother

Samuel Morse - John Morse - Joseph Morse - Priscilla Morse - Priscilla Grant - Abigail Ware - Abigail Wight - Roxanna Spurr - Mary Frances Stanley - Edward Mellen Carter - Thomas Richard Carter - my grandfather - Second line: Samuel Morse - Mary Morse - Elizabeth Bullen - Mary Wheelock - Nathaniel Ware (father of Abigail in line #1). 

Jeffrey Parsons - Jeffrey Parsons - Jonathan Parsons - Abigail Parsons - William Rowe - William Rowe - Stephen B. Rowe - Charles H. N. Rowe - Anna J. Rowe - Eva D. Hayes - Linona Alice Yates - my grandmother

Here is a link to the first installment of Not My Ancestor.

No comments:

Post a Comment