This week's 52 Ancestors optional theme is "October" and it was suggested to choose an ancestor who was born in October.
Faith Jewett was the daughter of Maximillian & Ann (___) Jewett and she was my 8X great-grandmother. She was born in Rowley on October 8, 1652 and died on February 26, 1737. She married Samuel Dowse on March (or January, depending on the source) 7, 1677 in Newbury. She was his second wife. Samuel was the son of Lawrence & Martha (___) Dowse and was a deacon in the Charlestown church. Samuel died on February 26, 1735, and left an estate totalling £347.
Like most women of the time, Faith doesn't show up in many records. She is mentioned in her father's will. He left her £40 that he had already paid her and also half of his ninety-six acres of land in Bradford, about two and a half acres of salt and rough marsh in the place called Cowbridge, and an additional £10 to be paid to her by her brother, Joseph.
Children of Samuel & Faith (Jewett) Dowse - All the children were born in Charlestown.
- Anna was born on December 19, 1677.
- Samuel was born on November 19, 1679.
- John was born on November 10, 1681, and died of fever on January 30, 1703.
- Martha was born on November 18, 1683.
- Mary was born on April 17, 1686, and married Thomas Harris.
- Maximillian was born on October 12, 1688, and married Sarah Fosdick.
- Sarah was born on March 19, 1691, and married William Pinson.
- Ebenezer was born on September 10, 1693, and died in 1781.
Samuel & Faith (Jewett) Dowse
Sarah (Dowse) Pinson
Sarah (Pinson) Capen
Thomas Capen, Jr.
Edward Abbott Capen
Fannie May Capen
T. Richard Carter - my grandfather